Friday, January 20, 2012

New York State Senator Greg Ball (R, C)40th Senate District

EXCERPT:
“I can tell you right now that the pain that I’ve seen here today, and the pain that I experienced first-hand speaking with families and farmers in Pennsylvania, it will be over my dead body before I allow what happened in Pennsylvania to happen here in New York,” said Senator Ball speaking at a recent hearing on hydrofracking in Katonah, N.Y.

“I have seen first-hand the devastation caused in communities where gas companies were given a free pass,” said Senator Ball who recently toured Pennsylvania towns where hydrofracking is currently taking place. “Fourth generation landowners whose property values sustained 90% devaluation because of contaminated water wells. Farmers whose cattle suffered unexplained and unusually high still birth rates. So I will not roll out the red carpet for companies that are not willing to be held accountable,” added Ball.



August 30th,2011
Sen. BALL: “OVER MY DEAD BODY” WILL NY HAVE PENNSYLVANIA’S FRACKING PROBLEMS

State Sen. Greg Ball, R-Patterson, is proposing legislation that would set up some rules and guidelines aimed at hydrofracking in New York state. Ball said he witnessed damage to private property during a tour of areas in Pennsylvania where hydrofracking for natural gas is occurring. His legislation is meant to protect property owners.